This scenario describes the steps involved in configuration of the receiver file adapter with file content conversion.
Fig1. File Content Conversion Scenario
This is the input message to the receiver file adapter sent from XI.
Fig2. Input XML message
Fig3. Output CSV Message
XI sends a XML message as input to the receiver adapter.Now this XML needs to be converted to a File in CSV format, i.e. it may be a comma separated, tab separated etc. To generate the required output, the data type at the receiver’s side plays a crucial rule. The data type should abide to the rules of well formed XML.
The Receiver File Adapter is configured, using the following settings:
- Choose File Content Conversion as the Message Protocol.
- You may or may not give the ‘addHeaderLine’ parameter.
- For the ‘fieldSeparator’ parameter you need to give field separator for both list and substructure (referring to the data type above). For eg: it may be a ‘,’ (comma) for substructure in a comma separated file.
- The ‘endSeparator’ parameter needs to given for substructure only. For eg: it may be a ‘nl’ (new line)
- · Give the file name, the directory and the Construction mode. Activate all the settings. Receiver File Adapter with F.C.C. is configured.
Fig4. Conversion Parameters in Adapter
The file with desired output generated.