With the evolution of PI 7.1, a new feature introduced in Enterprise Service Repository (ESR) is Local Software Component Version. When you open ESR the top most object visible in ESR is Local Software component versions as shown below:
Local Software Component: If you want to create objects locally purely for testing, you can define a local software component version for this purpose. A local software component version is not based on data from the System Landscape Directory.
Purpose: Local Software Component is used purely for testing purpose as it is not having any link with SLD or ID. Which means it doesn’t import any Software component from SLD and we can’t use any objects created under Local Software Component Versions later in the Integration Directory.
1. It works as SLD based software component version
2. You can import RFC/IDOC for testing.
3. You can create namespace and other objects under this.
4. Test the new features in ESR
1. No connection to SLD and ID
2. You can’t transport any local objects by using Change Management Service (CMS).
3. You can’t perform any runtime test.
Procedure for Creating Local Software component versions:
- In the ESR choose the create object button or from menu choose Object->New.
- In the Dialog box that appears, choose the radio button for local software component version, give a name as shown below and click on create button and Save the changes, Local software component is ready for testing.