There were freshers in my team who wanted to work on sender IDOC adapter. They were searching SDN for step by step guide on ALE configurations for triggering idocs out of SAP. Hence, thought of bloging this on SDN so that it can act as a guide/checklist for XI consultants.
All the configuration specified below are to be performed in the Sender SAP system
• Create a Logical system for the sender SAP system and the receiving XI system using Transaction – ‘SALE’:
• Assign Client to the Sender Logical System
• Create RFC destination of type ‘3’ for SAP XI system using transaction – SM59:
Make sure that the name of the RFC destination and Logical system for SAP XI is the same.
• Create a Distribution Model through ‘SALE’ transaction:
• Create a Distribution Model by selecting ‘Create Model View’:
Specify the name of the model view and a description.
• For the model view created above, add the message type of the idoc that you wish to send to SAP XI using this model view. Select ‘Add Message Type’ option and then specify the sender logical system and the receiver logical system.
Save your Model view before proceeding further.
• Generate the partner profiles by selecting the navigation path from the main menu, Environment –> Generate Partner profiles
Upon selecting the generate partner profiles option, then execute it with the default parameters displayed on the selection screen
• From the main screen navigate through the menu option, EDIT –> MODEL VIEW –> DISTRIBUTE. Upon receiving the message shown here, it means the distribution is successful
• Go to transaction BD10 to send a material out of IDES:
• Go to transaction WE02/WE05 to check the status of the IDOC in the sendign system
Updated SAP PI Blog News
DISCLAIMERDISCLAIMER : All the Content and Data in the SAPPI.SAPAG.CO.IN has been added by people outside of our control. We accept NO LIABILITY whatsoever for the content or use of the data. The user of the data should verify the accuracy of the data and assumes all liability for it's use. We will monitor the Database and remove any Content and Data that we find offensive in any way. If you don’t agree to abide by our rules, you MUST not use our website. We reserve the right to make any modifications that we deem necessary at any time. Thank you for your kind co-operation.