A Summary of the Steps to be carried out to enable a SAP R/3 System send Idocs to SAP Exchange Infrastructure.
- SM59 : Create a RFC destination to XI
- WE21 : Create a TRFC Port ->Specify the RFC Destination Created
- BD54 : Create a Logical System for the Idoc Receiver
- WE20 : Create Partner Profile ->Maintain Outbound and the Inbound Parameters
- SM59 : RFC Destination for Sender System
- IDX1 : Create the port to get Idoc Metadata from Sender System ( The Port Name must match the port name in the idoc header – Usually in format SAP
. eg. SAPID1 [Optional Step. Not mandatory]
- IDX2 : Maintain the Idoc Metadata. This is needed only by XI, and not by other SAP systems. IDX2 is needed because XI needs to construct IDoc-XML from the IDoc. No other SAP system needs to do that.
- SXMB_ADM ->Integration Engine Configuration ->Specific Configuration ->Add New entry -> Select parameters as:
- Category: RUNTIME
- Parameters: ACK_SYSTEM_FAILURE
- Current Value: 1
- Create Technical System: Choose WEB AS ABAP if the system is R/3 -> Define SAP SID, Installation Number and Database Host Name a Maintain message Server Details according to Sender System -> Maintain Client Details of Sender System ->Select a Installed Product for Sender System
- Create Business System: Choose WEB AS ABAP if the system is R/3 -> Choose the Technical System and the client Created Before -> Choose the Installed Product -> Set:
- Business System Role: Application System
- Related Integration Server: Integration Server
To prevent performance consuming XMLization and de-XMLization IDOCs are tunneled through SAP XI IDOC adapter meaning no XMLiziation is executed before the IDOC is passed onto the pipeline. Note the message is converted to UTF-8 codepage.
Start transaction SXMB_ADMIN on SAP XI.
Select option Configuration->Integration Engine Configuration and add two parameter EXTERNAL_MAPPER in the category IDOC.
Configure the parameter according to the conditions below:
If Message Code and Message Function are specified in the partner profile:
If only the Message Code is specified in the partner profile:
If only Message Function is specified in the partner profile:
- Add Business System: Adapter Specific Identifiers -> ‘Logical System’ identical to the ‘Logical System Name’ in the SLD Business System
- IDoc Receiver Communication Channel: port the same as XI System IDX1